January 2, 2011

DIY salt spray

Natural just-off-the beach waves are so in style right now.  I see them on beautiful models, in j. crew ads and on movie starts.  I love the idea of sexy, beautiful, tousled hair and I wanted to recreate this look myself.   The secret to this natural look is sea salt spray.  A lot of different hair style brands carry this spray but it is super easy to make yourself.

Add:
2 tablespoons of epsom salt
1/2 a cup to 1 full cup of warm water- depending on the thickness of your hair
a squirt of hair gel
a squirt of hair oil- I like Chi silk infusion

mix in a bowl until dissolved and pour into a spray bottle. 
Just let your hair air dry and mist the salt pray throughout your hair.  If it lays too heavy in your hair just add a little more water to the mixture.  Doesn't get much easier than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment